Book Review: The Girl From The Sea
8:41:00 PM
Blurb:
For fans of Gone Girl and The Girl on the Train.
A chilling suspense story of wounded hearts and dark secrets.
Washed up on the beach, she can’t remember who she is. She can’t even remember her name. Turns out, she has a perfect life – friends and family eager to fill in the blanks. But why are they lying to her? What don’t they want her to remember?
When you don't even know who you are, how do you know who to trust?
For fans of Gone Girl and The Girl on the Train.
A chilling suspense story of wounded hearts and dark secrets.
Washed up on the beach, she can’t remember who she is. She can’t even remember her name. Turns out, she has a perfect life – friends and family eager to fill in the blanks. But why are they lying to her? What don’t they want her to remember?
When you don't even know who you are, how do you know who to trust?
Review: ★★★☆☆
I got to read this book through NetGalley for a review. This
is a gripping story about a girl named Mia who lost her memories, and it tells
us about her attempt of trying to recover it.
The author of this book, Shalini Boland, writes this in a
first person perspective, and she brings us on a journey with Mia. It felt as
if I was alongside of Mia throughout the book. I was as lost as her when she doesn’t
remember anything, and as she started to find out more about herself, the more
she wished she hadn’t, I felt the same.
At first the story is just about Mia as she tries her best
uncovers her past and her secrets, but as the story goes on it carries a dark and psychological
theme. I would recommend this book for those who enjoys mind games and a
thrill. Or if you’re a Psychology major and you want to understand what goes on
in a mind of someone who lost their memories and has dark secrets shoved
somewhere in their brain, read it. My roommate is a psychology major, and she
finds stories like this fascinating. So hopefully you would too.
Personally, the ending of the book felt cliché, it did not
give me the chills it was supposed to. Other than
that, I have no complaints of the book. Overall, I enjoyed the roller-coaster of a ride
this story brought me on, and I would probably read it again.


0 comments